This blue cheese chicken potato and apple salad is a delicious fall meal with crisp apples, potatoes and creamy blue cheese dressing.
Who here is guilty of ignoring salads as the weather gets cooler?
(raises hand high)
It’s true though, right? Fall’s cooler temps come along and your body instantly craves comfort food.
That’s exactly what I thought of when making this salad. It’s September. To me, September comfort equals apples and potatoes. I’m not really ready for squash yet (you pumpkin, butternut, acorn, kabocha freaks need to chill until next month) but crispy red potatoes sound perfect right about now.
The raisins, pepitas and rotisserie chicken bring a deliciously sweet, crunchy and salty profile to each bite. Then there’s the dressing… the Kraft blue cheese dressing just makes this salad. It’s creamy and the perfect tangy addition to balance out all the other flavors.
Dear salads, I promise not to ignore you for the next six months.
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Kraft blue cheese dressing
- salt and pepper
- Place olive oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high on stove top.
- Once hot, add potatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Let cook for about 7-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy on one side, flip and cook on the other side to achieve the same crispiness.
- Meanwhile, combine the apples, raisins and pepitas in a small bowl and arrange the chopped spinach in a serving bowl.
- Place the apple mixture, sliced chicken breast and potatoes on top of the spinach.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing on top and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.