Welcome to the first WIAW of 2012. It’s a good one! If you like Wendy’s Frosty’s I promise you’re going to be one happy camper today.
Pumpkin waffle with some fruit, almond butter and maple syrup. I ate the same exact thing on Monday (this waffle was leftover from that batch) and I’m sad there aren’t any more. I used to think waffles were a weekend only breakfast but when you use a pancake mix and only have to add a handful of ingredients it barely takes any longer than stovetop oatmeal. I need to do this more often during the week. It definitely made going back to work on Monday morning (while the rest of the country had the day off!) a little more tolerable.
An egg bake that I’ll be posting about later this week. It’s such an easy lunch or dinner. And there’s feta. Lots of feta. In our house it’s FEH-TA, like a true Greek would say.
You ready for this? Dark chocolate, banana and peanut butter in a smoothie. Think texture and flavor of a Frosty except add PEANUT BUTTER! So, so, so delicious. It tasted like dessert and yet, it really wasn’t. (Recipe below)
Besides the fact that it was 21 degrees outside when I drank this and I shivered the rest of the afternoon, this was amazing. It trumps any and all smoothies I’ve ever made and will definitely be making future appearances in my afternoon snack routine.
Linguine with meatballs and avocado sauce. Meatballs aren’t really the most photogenic meal in the world. After this picture, things got even uglier when I tossed it all together and mashed the meatballs up to create one giant, tasty mess.
Dessert was an unpictured Godiva dark chocolate truffle. They’re so rich, I had actually taken two chocolates but couldn’t eat the second one after the truffle. That never happens to me with dessert.
On an unrelated note, two important things are happening today.
1. This girl is getting that bump (it’s a wart) on her head removed finally. We’ve decided she’s looked like Frankendog long enough.
2. I’m getting a haircut and considering bangs. Bangs! I can’t even write it without freaking out. We’ll see how this goes…
- 1 cup of milk (I used ½ coconut, ½ almond)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 individually wrapped dark chocolate square (I used Ghirardelli 72%, 1 square is .375 ounces)
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- handful of ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.