This strawberry nectarine lime bellini is a super refreshing summer drink.
Want to know the best way to start off the weekend?
After seeing Jessica’s triple berry mojitos yesterday I was inspired.
Inspired to finally make simple syrup for myself.
Inspired to puree fruit in a blender.
And mostly, inspired to drink.
After a 7 day work week, I think I deserved it.
I didn’t think ripe summer fruit could get better than it already is but, I was wrong.
Champagne tends to have that effect on things.
Need to forget about the work week stresses? Make this.
Want to pretend you’re on vacation on a tropical island? Make this.
Need to drown out the 10 neighborhood kids screaming for 5 hours straight as they jump in the pool? Make this.
I had to wait until 5pm to drink this yesterday. Lucky for you it’s Saturday, what are you waiting for?
- 6 strawberries
- 1.5 nectarines (use other half for garnish)
- handful of blueberries
- juice of half a lime
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- handful of mint leaves
- club soda
- Bring water, sugar and mint leaves to a boil in small sauce pan, immediately reduce to low for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat and let sit.
- In a blender combine strawberries and nectarines and puree.
- Once simple syrup is cooled pour into 2 glasses filled with ice.
- Split fruit puree between both glasses and squeeze lime juice in each.
- Add club soda and champagne. Use as much or as little champagne as you’d like, I’ll leave that part up to your discretion depending on how strong you want the drink.
- Garnish with blueberries, nectarine slices and mint leaves.
- Put your feet up and enjoy