Cookie dough dip & the day I forgot to take a picture of my dinner (gasp!)

How do you like that for lamest title ever? Naming WIAW posts is probably the hardest thing about blogging. Seriously.
So, notice anything different?
No, it’s not my hair. Nope, not the outfit either (that’s pretty much always the same…pajamas or workout clothes, it’s classy over here). Check out the new button!
Jenn came up with a theme for this month’s WIAW posts…LOVE YOUR VEGGIES!
I don’t usually need reminding on this, but what’s ironic is that I totally forgot to snap a picture of the biggest veggie filled meal I ate yesterday. More on that later though, let’s back up to the morning.

Breakfast:

Sweet, sweet mother of God, get thee to the closest Trader Joe’s and grab this sugar, chocolate coffee bean grinder thing. Total impulse buy on my part last week and now we’re inseparable. I was a little indecisive yesterday so I went one half cream cheese, one half almond butter on my bagel. That bowl also has a greek yogurt + cottage cheese mixture below all the fruit. I thought this was a pretty decent sized breakfast but somehow I was hungry by 11am. I’ll really never understand how some days I can last until 2pm and other days I want to eat my hands by 11. No rhyme or reason to it.

Lunch:

Feb 7 cookie dough dip

Sometimes we all eat leftovers out of tupperware containers standing over our sink, right?

Snackity Snack:

Please tell me you all have seen Katie’s cookie dough dip?  Say yes. Otherwise, click that link and go make it!

I made a few tweaks, using cannellini beans instead of chickpeas and only adding about 1 tablespoon of agave as sweetener.

This stuff is good. It’s definitely not sickly sweet (especially because I drastically reduced the sweetener) and you’re not going to fool anyone into thinking this is real cookie dough, but it’s an awesome healthy take on cookie dough. Kind of reminds me of these in dip form.

There were quite a few chocolate covered pretzels and pita chips consumed and even a leftover pancake from Sunday’s breakfast smeared with this stuff. The second the logical part of my brain would tell me to stop, the other half (notice I didn’t call it illogical) would say, “but it’s made of beans! It’s healthy, eat more!” so, I did.

Dinner:

Here is where I  completely spaced out and I forgot to take a picture. My excuse is that Ulysses came home after a 4 day unexpected trip and I got sidetracked.

Let’s visualize the veggie love instead…

A big serving bowl filled with lettuce and baby spinach, half a chopped red pepper, half an avocado, a handful of cherry tomatoes, pepitas, nutritional yeast and 4 toasted sweet potato goat cheese puffs on top. Dressing was just balsamic & extra virgin olive oil.

We tried to get into Arrested Development while eating on the couch but after 2 episodes, I don’t think it’s for me. I’m just not into that kind of humor. I hate “dumb humor” actually and I really don’t like the narrator voice going on from time to time in the episodes.

Any good TV show recommendations (on Netflix) while I wait (impatiently) for my precious Breaking Bad season 4.

Comments

Wow, Gina, your photos are INCREDIBLE!!!
    I mean seriously incredible… you can actually see the fine detail on every single chip! I struggle so much with making that cookie dough recipe look pretty, but you made it look awesome!
    (And it’s not just the cookie dough. Even your little clementine photo looks awesome ;).)

Thanks Erin! I just have a T3 Rebel. Do you edit your pictures at all? The one editing feature that really helps with crispness is increasing the sharpness on your pictures. If you edit one thing, do that and I guarantee they’ll look crisper :) I don’t edit much at all and I only use the software that came with the camera (Digital Photo Professional-all Canon’s come with it on a disk) but sharpness is one of the few things I always tweak a bit.

I love your photos! I have seen the cookie dough recipe before…I might try it. I have been skeptical since it calls for beans. Why did you change the beans? Are they less strong tasting?

No real reason. I swap out cannellini beans for chickpeas in hummus a lot because I find it comes out smoother (which you can get with chickpeas if you peel their “shell” off, but who the heck has time for that!?) The taste isn’t much different, both are pretty bland white beans so either will work :)

Standing over the sink with some fruit dripping juice like crazy, a super crumby bread dropping crumbs everywhere, leftovers, breakfasts, every time I’m in a hurry, I eat with class like that. Awesome dip… Too good to be true.

uh..wow. cookie dough dip. that’s like handing me a bowl of crack & saying have at it. love this, apparently i must make it soon cause everyone is going crazy over it. yours looks so decadent. where did you get your cute orange spoons? you have them in multiple colors, i can’t find them anywhere!

I think you totally asked this before and I must’ve forgotten to answer…sorry! They’re from crate & barrel. I have them in orange and green. They were like $1 or $2 each online a year ago or so and I couldn’t resist!

Yum. Too bad all the beans in my house are dried or I would be making that dip right this second. I love Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men all of which are on Netflix. I watched Sherlock in one sitting. There aren’t very many episodes but they’re all movie length.

We just watched the first episode of Downtown Abbey tonight. LOVE IT! I’m hooked. Ulysses, not as much but he can suck it up.

Yum, that all looks so delicious. Your photos look great! That cookie dough dip has been teasing me for so long, why haven’t I made it yet?
    BTW I hate when I mean to feature something and rush through eating it and forget to take photos. I guess that is a sign of a good meal. Your description was pretty great though, definitely almost as drool-worthy as a photo :)

I have heard of this thing called dessert hummus,must never tried it … But I think I might have to! Yours looks so yummy.

Arrested Development is one of my favorite shows! I know its not everyone’s brand of humor, though. But right now I’m really liking Downton Abbey, which is definitely not dumb humor.

i really want to try that dip, i’ve stared at the recipe numerous times, but I also resort to making my banana bread hummus because i LOVE it. i might have to take the plunge and make her dip.

i totally eat leftovers our of tupperware. typically walking around the kitchen. and just think whelp not gonna photograph that!

I have the TJ’s coffee sugar grinder too! An employee convinced me to buy it…but I honestly never know when to use it!!! I like the idea of putting it on nut butter though. Once I used it in hot cocoa but it was too gritty :(

Yeah, I read on the side that it suggests using it in coffee but I thought the same thing…wouldn’t that be nasty and gritty?! I highly recommend it on yogurt and nut butter spreads :)

You didn’t take pictures of every single meal?!?! How could you!!! I’m just kidding. I can’t remember to take photos of anything any time any more. IDK what’s going on – I blame the cold (and what I now think is a sinus/ear infection – don’t worry I have a dr apt….not that you were worried….)

Bonnie says

I know I’m late to the party but when I saw you call Arrested Development “dumb” humor I HAD to comment. Arrested Development is known for it’s amazing writing and intelligent jokes that go over most peoples heads. I was just flabbergasted at someone called AD dumb.

1. [...] up dogs on it. #winning Here’s the rundown of the Valentine’s Day eats.Breakfast:Similar to last week, we have the fruit bowl that’s hiding a yogurt/cottage cheese mixture with two eggs and an [...]