Ok, I know the vote was for the brownies but, before I get booed off stage here let me explain…
1. It’s Sunday. Otherwise known as “pancake day” right? I mean, what good would it do you if I posted a pancake recipe during the work week when you’d just have to bookmark it and wait out the whole rest of the week before having the time to make it on the weekend? I’m just trying to save you from that torture.
2. I’m not quite finished with the pictures of the brownies. Oops.
Hopefully you’ll forgive me.
When it comes to pancakes, I’m not ashamed to admit that 95% of the time I use a mix. Trader Joe’s multigrain pancake mix is where it’s at and if I had that on hand yesterday, I probably would’ve just added the pumpkin straight into the mix and called it breakfast. Unfortunately though, I haven’t been to TJ’s in more than 2 months and we’re out.
Between my pancake mix, veggie masala burgers and pizza dough, it’s getting tragic over here.
So, I improvised and used oats instead.
I also had just finished up the bag of flour and didn’t want to open another.
If you thought these recipes all came from diligent thought and not my pure laziness at times, sorry to have burst that bubble for you.
Sometimes laziness can be tasty though.
If you could taste fall, these would be it. Pumpkin + spices + maple syrup. Perfect weekend breakfast.
The brownies are coming, I promise.
Yield: 3 large pancakes (serves 1, easily doubled or more)
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon agave (optional)
- pinch of salt
Preheat griddle or pancake pan to medium on stove top. In a food processor or blender, pulse oatmeal until finely ground (almost flour consistency). Transfer oat flour to a bowl and add remaining ingredients. Whisk to combine. Grease pancake pan and pour batter on pan. Flip after about 90 seconds until fully cooked.
What’s your favorite weekend breakfast?
What’s your favorite pancake topping? I usually top mine with yogurt, fruit and maple syrup. I skipped the yogurt this time though.
What’s your workout today? I’m loving doing my long runs on Monday. Enjoying my Sunday without a long run hanging over me is much more relaxing!