Posted by Running To The Kitchenhttps://www.runningtothekitchen.com/turkey-cheddar-apple-butter-panini/
© 2014 Running to the Kitchen®. All rights reserved.
Turkey Cheddar Apple Butter Panini
This turkey cheddar apple butter panini is the perfect fall lunch. Pressed until the cheese is super melty with crisp apples, sage and fresh turkey, it's like fall in a bite.
slices of hearty bread (I used sprouted Ezekiel bread)
tablespoons butter, softened
cup apple butter
ounces sharp cheddar, thinly sliced
apple, thinly sliced
pound sliced fresh turkey
leaves fresh sage
handful pea shoots
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Flip the bread over so that the non-buttered side is face up and spread the apple butter on each piece.
- Layer the following evenly among two of the slices of bread: cheddar, apple slices, turkey, sage, pea shoots, apple slices and cheddar.
- Top with the other piece of bread, buttered side up.
- Place sandwiches in a preheated panini press or a heated skillet and use something heavy to press down on the top. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until cheese is melted and bread is crispy and browned.
- Cut in half and serve.