Posted by Running To The Kitchenhttps://www.runningtothekitchen.com/pistachio-crusted-flank-steak-peach-puree/
© 2014 Running to the Kitchen®. All rights reserved.
Pistachio crusted flank steak with peach puree
This pistachio crusted flank steak topped with a simple peach puree is an easy way to keep dinner healthy yet delicious.
pound flank steak
salt & pepper
cup unsalted pistachios
tablespoons almond meal or flour
ounce can Del Monte peaches in 100% juice
leaves fresh basil
inch cube of fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Season the flank steak with salt and pepper, pressing the seasoning into the meat with your hands.
- Combine the pistachios and almond flour in a food processor and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
- Spray the steak with cooking spray and then top with the pistachio mixture, pressing it firmly onto the top of the steak.
- Place the steak on the wire rack and cook in the oven on a low rack for about 20 minutes for medium-rare to medium.
- Meanwhile, combine the peaches, basil leaves and ginger in the food processor and process until pureed.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Spoon the peach puree over the top of the slices before serving.