Posted by Running To The Kitchenhttps://www.runningtothekitchen.com/dijon-almond-crusted-tilapia/
© 2013 Running to the Kitchen®. All rights reserved.
Dijon almond crusted tilapia
This dijon almond crusted tilapia is pan-fried, ready in 10 minutes and a healthy, grain free dinner. It's perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
filets of tilapia (about 1 pound)
cup whole almonds
about 1/4 cup dijon mustard
teaspoon smoked paprika
salt & pepper
coconut oil for pan-frying
- Place almonds in a food processor and process until finely chopped. About 20 seconds.
- Transfer chopped almonds to a shallow dish. Add paprika and mix together.
- Season the tilapia filets generously with salt & pepper.
- Spread mustard on both sides of the filet and then transfer to the almond mixture to coat both sides.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, place the filets in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until the fish is cooked through. Exterior should be browned and crispy but not burnt.
- Serve warm and garnish with parsley or lemon.