Posted by Running To The Kitchenhttps://www.runningtothekitchen.com/chocolate-donuts-with-coconut-vanilla-bean-icing/
© 2012 Running to the Kitchen®. All rights reserved.
Chocolate donuts with coconut vanilla bean icing
These paleo chocolate donuts with coconut vanilla bean icing are baked for a healthy and delicious grain and gluten free treat.
cup almond flour
cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
tablespoons coconut oil, melted
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup coconut butter, melted to a pourable state
of a vanilla bean, scraped
unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separate eggs and combine yolks with remaining wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Beat egg whites with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Fold egg whites into batter until just combined.
- Pour batter into donut pan.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to cooling rack.
- Combine melted coconut butter with water and honey and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla bean and stir again.
- Spoon icing onto fully cooled donuts and top with shredded coconut flakes if desired.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.