Posted by Running To The Kitchenhttps://www.runningtothekitchen.com/cheesy-mushroom-stuffed-peppers/
© 2011 Running to the Kitchen®. All rights reserved.
Cheesy Mushroom Stuffed Peppers
These rice and mushroom stuffed peppers are loaded with cheese. They taste like risotto without all the time and effort spent at the stove.
medium orange peppers
cups cooked brown rice
oz. sliced baby portobello mushrooms
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon rosemary, divided
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons sherry wine
cup grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tops of peppers off and clean out the insides.
- SautÃ© butter, olive oil, shallots, garlic and half the rosemary (1/2 tablespoon) in a medium pan for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and a dash of salt & pepper, toss to combine and sautÃ© for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add sherry wine and let wine and water from mushrooms cook off completely, about 5-7 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine mushrooms, cheese and cooked rice with remaining rosemary in a medium bowl and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Stuff peppers with the mixture and place in a square baking dish with about 1/2 an inch of water on the bottom.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
*Optional-top peppers with a sprinkling of bread crumbs & olive oil about 5-10 minutes before finished for a crunchy topping.