A day of eats including strawberry chia powercake bars which are high in protein and a delicious after workout snack.
For the past few Wednesday’s I’ve been throwing Pioneer Woman in your face but since our next recipe in that series (and it’s a good one!) isn’t until next Wednesday, how about a WIAW post? Sound good?
I spent way too much time last night playing around with iphone collage apps, iPiccy and picmonkey. Totally loving iPiccy but really annoyed by their collage layout choices for 3 pictures. They’re lame to say the least. Here’s the result of that 2 hours or so of my life.
1. Vans waffles, one with pb the other with 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Side of cottage cheese/yogurt with strawberries & blueberries on top.
2. Leftover salmon from Monday’s dinner with an immense about of roasted broccoli and a kiwi.
3. Roasted assorted veggies with jalapeno chicken sausage and 3 sweet potato kale muffins.
For the mini meals/snacks of the day we have:
1. Store brand greek yogurt (first time testing it out, totally won me over on taste & price tag) with chia, pepitas, sliced almonds and a tinnnny amount of cookie butter.
3. A strawberry chia coconut powercake that I made into bars instead of muffins with an unpictured glass of milk. This and the apple were my post workout snack.
So let’s talk about these powercakes….
When I saw Kasey’s post on these yesterday, I had just run out of cinnamon protein bars and was already thinking of making more for post workout snacks this week. The strawberry filling is what did me in. I couldn’t resist giving them a shot. The bar idea was really just my laziness in not wanting to clean the muffin pan (hate that!). I followed her recipe exactly except used 2T maple syrup as sweetener and obviously had to bake them a bit longer since they weren’t in muffin form. If you like coconut flour, you will love these. You’ll be motivated to workout just knowing they’re waiting for you afterwards. Seriously, it’s all I thought about while on the treadmill yesterday. Well that and how awesome it felt to be moving again with some cardio (Livefit phase 1 recap is coming soon, I promise). It doesn’t really feel like a workout when you’re not sweating and I found it hard to break a sweat from just lifting the past 4 weeks. My unfinished, unheated basement where the gym equipment is might have something to do with that.