This roasted tomato flat bread pizza is simple and delicious with the addition of sherry to the tomatoes. Paired with goat cheese, it’s a savory winner.
Breakfast! I’m not sure if it’s because of the food, the cup of coffee or the fact that I start my morning with both in front of the computer reading all my fav blogs. Actually, it’s probably all of those things combined.
You know how some nights you go to bed knowing exactly what you want in the morning? This was one of those times. Ashley’s banana cornbread cake is a staple in my breakfast line up. It’s fun, delicious, nutritious and the best part…microwavable. Topped with some almond butter, jam, blueberries and maple syrup you could totally fool someone into thinking this was a “weekend” breakfast and not something you whipped up in 5 minutes.
I ran to the produce store at lunch and saw cherry tomatoes for 2 pints/$1.99. Steal! I have no idea how I remembered this, but I immediately thought of a Rachael Ray recipe for sherry roasted tomatoes that I made the first year we were married in Florida. They must’ve been pretty good if they lasted in my memory for the past 4+ years, right?
As I was putting away the groceries I saw pita bread and goat cheese and lunch was devised.
Sherry roasted tomato flat bread pizza.
One word: yum.
Two more words: make this.
A little 3pm snack-age.
Yes, I’m too lazy to stir my peanut butter properly so it looks rather unappetizing. Sorry, I’m not sorry.
Dinner was delicious, albeit random. Wild Alaskan king salmon, (none of that nasty farm raised crap over here! It’s worth the extra $ for the good stuff) more tomatoes, some garlic sautéed spinach and a wheatberry + green onion + feta salad I made yesterday because I was sick of looking at the plastic bag of 1/2 cup of wheatberries left in my pantry.
Of course no day is complete without dessert, right? Yesterday happened to be one of these, which you’ll have to wait until tomorrow for the recipe. <Insert evil cackle here>
Any guesses? I’ll give you a hint…a can of Libby’s was hurt in the making of them.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- ½ cup baby arugula
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat medium skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic, shallots & onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Add sherry, sugar & salt and toss again.
- Let cook down for 2-3 minutes on stove top, then transfer to oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- While tomatoes are roasting, toast pita.
- Spread goat cheese on pita while warm.
- Layer arugula on top of goat cheese.
- Once tomatoes are roasted, spoon some on top of pizza to wilt arugula.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
In honor of WIAW, what’s the best thing you ate yesterday?