This pumpkin granola is made with pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree. It’s gluten free, grain free and paleo as well.
I’m not sure it gets much better than that.
Actually, if someone magically appeared to assemble said (Ikea) couch, it might.
I don’t make granola nearly enough. I really have no idea why. It’s loads cheaper than buying it, you control the ingredients and there’s no reason for any impulsive seasonal Yankee candle purchases when you have this baking away in your oven.
I thought it might’ve been slightly excessive when I threw 4 of the big cans of pumpkin puree in my cart while grocery shopping yesterday (because I have this irrational fear it will disappear overnight), but I take that back now after making this.
I foresee many pumpkin granola breakfasts in my near future.
Pumpkin granola made with pumpkin spices, pumpkin puree and pumpkin seeds. Grain free, gluten free and paleo.
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 medjool dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 tablesponns melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix together.
- In a small bowl, whisk wet ingredients together.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and mix until combined with a spatula.
- Turn mixture out onto baking sheet and spread into an even layer across the entire pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring with a spatula every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes.