Simple homemade peach frozen yogurt you can make without an ice cream maker. Creamy and peachy but still healthy.
Yesterday at the Jersey shore watching plenty of stick thin girls in bikinis walk around with surf boards on their shoulder, I reached an epiphany. If looking like that means forgoing toasted coconut ice cream cones from the boardwalk on summer weekends, it’s not worth it to me.
I’d much rather happily attack a rapidly melting ice cream cone when it’s 98 degrees outside than worry about what it’s doing (or not doing) for my hip, thigh and stomach area. They make cover ups for a reason.
I’m over it. Some things are just worth it and toasted coconut ice cream sugar cones are one of them.
This is not ice cream. This is homemade frozen yogurt with fresh peaches. A weekday attempt at a treat when you’re sans ice cream maker, beach and boardwalk.
It’s takes almost no effort to put together, just some patience.
And the best part about it? It’s packed with protein and completely guiltless. So you can enjoy it after a workout to refuel or just as an afternoon treat in between the “real” stuff on the weekends.
No cover ups needed.
- 1½ cup plain greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0%)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches that have been thawed
- Combine yogurt, protein powder if using and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let sit 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer frozen yogurt to a food processor and add peach slices.
- Pulse a few times until peaches are broken but still chunky and incorporated with the yogurt mixture.
- Transfer back to medium bowl and refreeze for another 1-2 hours depending how hard or soft you want it.
- Enjoy an easy frozen treat guilt free!