This lobster mango avocado salad is a healthier, tropical twist on the classic summer lobster salad. Serve in lettuce cups or a buttered toasted bun!
For years, I’ve had the idea that one summer weekend we’re just gonna hop in the car, brave the traffic up 95 and cruise up the coast of Maine. Living only 4 hours away, this really isn’t some grand vacation plan and yet, it’s never happened. In my head, it’d be the quintessential New England weekend. Rocky beaches with frigid water to walk through, gorgeous blooming hydrangeas, quaint bed & breakfasts and plenty of roadside stops for ice cream and lobster rolls.
Ok, let’s be honest, it’s really all about the ice cream and lobster (lobstah?) rolls.
I love me some good lobster rolls.
From what I know, there are two pretty distinct lobster roll camps, the butter people (usually served warm) and the mayo people (usually served cold). I’m in camp mayo but I don’t love mayo-laden salads. Which is why this lobster mango avocado salad came to be. It’s got all the creaminess of the classic mayo roll without any of the fat and honestly, with lime juice, zest and cilantro, it’s kinda killing it on the flavor front too.
Oh, and mangos! Maine might disagree but the tropical twist and sweetness the mango brings to this salad, really sets it apart.
Check out how easy this lobster mango avocado salad is to put together in this quick video. You can subscribe to my YouTube channel for more quick and easy recipe videos.
Did you know that trick about cutting mangos? I feel like an idiot for not figuring that out sooner in life! All these years spent fighting with the odd shaped fruit for nothing. The National Mango Board’s video was pretty much a life changing 2 minutes over here! 1 cup of mangos is just 100 calories and contains over 20 vitamins and minerals making it one heck of a tasty superfood (check out more mango nutrition) as well. Step aside, kale!
Totally makes up for that buttered toasted bun because you know you want it over the lettuce cup. Don’t lie.
Lobster Mango Avocado Salad
This lobster mango avocado salad is a healthier, tropical twist on the classic summer staple. Serve in lettuce cups or a buttered toasted bun!
- 8 ounces steamed lobster tail, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced into rounds
- 5.3 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- bibb lettuce or toasted hot dog buns for serving
- Combine the lobster, mango, avocado, red pepper, cabbage, red onion and jalapeno in a large bowl.
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the salad bowl and toss together until the salad is thoroughly coated in the yogurt mixture.
- Spoon into lettuce cups or a toasted buttered bun for serving.
*This post is sponsored by The National Mango Board. All content and opinions are my own.