These lemon rosemary olive oil cookies are floral and fragrant. They’re a grown up cookie perfect with some tea.
Well hello, new readers! Who knew ass grass would be such a popular topic?! Ginger is a little embarrassed but I explained to her how much you all enjoyed hearing about it and she was a good sport. Also, bacon strips helped.
Now, what can I do to bribe some of you to stick around?
Ok, good because these are some damn good ones.
There’s something about a rainy day that just makes me want to crawl into sweatpants and bake. We’ll ignore the fact that it was 78 degrees yesterday and pretend sweats were still a realistic option because it just adds an element of coziness, no?
This was the scene outside of my office at 9:30am.
I apologize for the crappy through the window screen iPhone shot but I wasn’t expecting anything worth photographing at work.
Check out the downspout on the building across the little courtyard. It was like a river coming out of that thing. The crazy rain and thunderstorms eventually subsided but it continued to be a rainy, drizzly day which meant one thing when I got home. Baking.
Olive oil, lemon and rosemary. No, not your typical cookie ingredients.
Oh, but these are not your typical cookie.
They are crisp on the outside yet cakelike on the inside.
They are sophisticated.
They smell like Christmas.
They would be amazing with a lemon glaze on them, yet perfect without.
They might be my best creation yet.
Are those reason enough to make them? I hope so, because you are seriously missing out if you don’t.
Eat 3 and then decide it’s as good a time as any to go do your strength training workout for the day.
Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cookies
These lemon rosemary olive oil cookies are floral and fragrant. They're a grown up cookie perfect with some tea.
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/4 turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup regular granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugars, rosemary and lemon zest in a small bowl and mash together until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, baking powder and salt together.
In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, olive oil, lemon juice and extracts together.
- Pour wet ingredients and sugar mixture into large bowl with the flour and mix until just combined. Spoon batter onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes until edges are just browned.
- Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Rosemary fan? I love it, but I know others think it tastes like a Christmas tree.