Chocolate almond truffles
Author: Gina Matsoukas
Recipe type: truffles
Serves: 9 truffles
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter (I used salted as well)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped for rolling
- Combine dates and extracts in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- Add the almond and coconut butters and process until fully incorporated and mixture becomes smoother.
- Add remaining ingredients except the chopped almonds and process until mixture is sticky to the touch and able to easily roll into balls.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and set aside.
- Put chopped almonds in a small dish and roll truffles into nuts. You'll have to sort of press the nuts into the truffle for them to stick.
- Place on a plate and refrigerate for about 30 minutes so they firm up a bit.
- Store them covered in the fridge.
Recipe by Running to the Kitchen at http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2012/12/chocolate-almond-truffles/