Pumpkin streusel bread
Author: Gina Matsoukas
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground pepitas (to make a flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 /8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the edges enough to grab.Grease parchment with baking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and combine with a spatula.
- Carefully pour batter into loaf pan and smooth the top. Set aside.
- Combine all the streusel ingredients in a small bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the top of the bread batter.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, until a fork or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and rest loaf pan on cooling rack.
- After about 10 minutes, remove loaf from pan by the edges of the parchment paper and place directly on cooling rack to cool for another 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully pull off parchment paper and slice.
* this is not an overly sweet bread. If you prefer something sweeter, add more honey to the bread or brown sugar to the topping if you're not following a paleo diet.
Recipe by Running to the Kitchen at http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2012/11/pumpkin-streusel-bread/