Pumpkin paleo pancakes (that actually taste good)
Author: Gina Matsoukas
Recipe type: pancakes
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut oil for cooking pancakes
- Heat a pancake griddle over medium heat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add enough coconut oil to the pan to grease the center.
- Pour batter in approximately ¼ cupfuls onto pan and spread out into pancake shape (the batter will be a bit thick and need some help to form a circle)
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side, carefully flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed
Recipe by Running to the Kitchen at http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/pumpkin-paleo-pancakes-that-actually-taste-good/