Posted by Running To The Kitchenhttp://www.runningtothekitchen.com/coconut-nut-balls/
© 2012 Running to the Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Coconut nut balls
These coconut nut balls are perfect for on the go snacking and full of healthy fats and protein.
cup raisins (or dried cherries) soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus another 1/4 cup for rolling (optional)
tablespoon melted coconut oil
teaspoon vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
tablespoon coconut butter
- Combine all three nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are finely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients (except additional 1/4 cup coconut flakes for rolling) to the food processor and process until the mixture comes together and starts to stick. This will only take about 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Pour remaining coconut flakes into a dish.
- Roll nut mixture into balls using your hands then place in the dish and roll in coconut flakes.
- You can eat them as is or transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate to firm them up a bit.
- Once refrigerated for about an hour, they can be wrapped up individually for easy snacking.
If you donâ??t have coconut butter, use additional coconut flakes and a bit more honey. It just acts as another binding and sweetening agent.