These classic fudgy salted brownies combine chocolate and salt for that perfect dessert bite. They’re a chocolate lovers dream.
You didn’t think I was going to make brownies and not tell you about them did you?
I’m not that mean. Although Ginger may beg to differ.
Everyone should have a go to brownie recipe. It’s like that favorite pair of jeans that you wear 95% of the time even though you have plenty of others. Or, that burned CD from 1998 that you still keep in your car because there’s nothing like a little Ghetto Superstar blaring through your speakers to put you in a good mood.
Brownies are nostalgic, comforting, never let you down type food.
And let’s be honest, sometimes a girl just needs some chocolate in her life.
Maybe it’s because you ran 10 miles.
Maybe it’s because you’ve been up since 5:30am with a puking dog.
Or, maybe it’s just because chocolate sounds like a better option than spinach today.
Whatever. The brownies aren’t judging.
Fudgy, salted, classic brownies. There are many versions out there. This is mine and it’s good.
These classic fudgy salted brownies combine chocolate and salt for that perfect dessert bite. They're a chocolate lovers dream.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3.5 oz. dark chocolate (I used 72% cacao)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil and grease.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave and stir to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar for about a minute until thick and fully combined. Add salt, vanilla and cocoa powder and whisk again.
- Slowly add flour and combine.
- Add in chocolate and butter mixture and combine.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
What’s your go to dessert?
Favorite song from 1998? Ready…set…go!