These chocolate chip coconut cookie dough balls are no bake, delicious cookie dough made from cashews and oats that will satisfy any chocolate craving.
Things are a little nutty over here. Coco-nutty. Ha!
Ok, that was lame. It’s Monday of what’s going to be a long week, forgive me.
*Disclaimer before we go any further…there are going to be many opportunities for TWSS in this post. It’s about balls for crying out loud. I’m going to put my big girl pants on and try to refrain. However, it’s Monday and I know you might need something to laugh about so feel free to TWSS it up. I won’t judge.
I make some sort of ball pretty much every week. They’re versatile, no bake, perfect snacks, and I can eat like 5 at a time if I want and not feel bad about it.
Yesterday I had planned on making some elaborate warm, cozy stew/soup kind of Sunday meal but then laziness, a long walk that ended up taking up more of the afternoon than I thought and a douse of self-pity about my upcoming 30th birthday left me too tired and craving sweets instead.
A few handfuls of chocolate chips and mini marshmallows later, I realized balls would do a much better job of satisfying the craving and at least I could combine some nuts with the copious amounts of chocolate for some protein and healthy fats.
These are probably the best imitation of any of the cookie dough balls I’ve made before. It’s either the 1/4 of a banana in this batch or the fact that my new food processor is way better at well, processing. Their consistency is legitimately like cookie dough and they’re studded with chocolate chips in every bite. The coconut isn’t too strong just more of a hint of flavor.
Perfect way to shut up your chocolate craving.
Perfect for snacking during your company’s upcoming annual meeting that usually leaves something to be desired in the food selections.
Perfect way to forget about the fact that you’re turning 30 this year and most likely the only way you’re going to end up doing something memorable for it is if you go on vacation by yourself. Which actually sounds somewhat appealing.
And if none of those apply, perfect way to kick the Monday blues in the butt.
Yep, lame again.
- ¾ cup plain cashews
- ¼ cup oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- ¼ medium banana
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Place cashews, oats and coconut flour in a food processor and process until reaching a flour like consistency.
- Add salt through maple syrup and process again until combined.
- Add half the chocolate chips and process until just broken up and combined. Dough should form a ball.
- Scrape dough out into small bowl, fold in remaining chocolate chips and freeze for 10-15 minutes. Dough will be somewhat wet and sticky before freezing.
- After 10-15 minutes, roll dough into balls.
- Keep refrigerated.