I took a little break this weekend from the world of technology. No posts, a handful of tweets and instagrams and didn’t even open my computer for a solid 48 hours. Judging by the whole 5 of you that were actually on this thing the past 2 days, so did most people.
I haven’t had the “I think we need a break” conversation since my college days (it obviously didn’t last long considering we’re now married) and it felt good. Like I got to call the shots against technology for once.
I got my devious ways all out of my system with some girl time over wine, a hungover breakfast, a 4 hour motorcycle ride, some soft serve with rainbow sprinkles and these.
Mojitos minus the rum, plus cherries.
I am in no way trying to hold you back from adding the rum (it would be delicious), I just wasn’t feeling it at the moment (no, mom & friends, I am not pregnant. Please see above wine & hangover reference).
It’s supposed to be record breaking temperatures here today and it’s a Monday without work. Why not kick back and take one more day off with these?
Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all those who this day is about.
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 3 leaves of mint plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon agave
- juice of ½ lime
- 12 oz. seltzer (plain or lime flavored)
- lime slices
- Combine cherries, mint leaves, agave and lime in a blender and puree.
- Add ice to a pitcher and pour in cherry puree from blender.
- Top with seltzer and stir to mix together.
- Add lime slices to pitcher and garnish with mint leaves.