Guys, there is snow in the forecast today. Snow. On March 25th. Inside this makes me want to kick and scream like a whiny little brat child in the toy aisle of Target. “But whhhyyyy can’t spring just get it’s shit together already??!!” (because by 5 years old I was probably using the word shit in sentences). Outwardly, I’m still maintaining an adult like composure to the situation. If we get snow in April though, all bets are off. Turning 31 in that month is trauma enough.
So I’m just pretending like this isn’t actually happening.
Kinda like I pretended pizza is paleo, fro-yo is healthy because of all the probiotics in it (duh) and a small doesn’t count when it comes to McDonald’s fries this weekend.
In my head there are leaves on the trees, it’s 90+ degrees outside and a chilled avocado + citrus soup is a perfectly reasonable meal.
Had I not pretended the pizza was paleo, I wouldn’t have had the lovely crispy prosciutto to top the soup with and considering that was my favorite part, I might just have to continue this little mind game I’m playing.
- flesh of 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small green chili pepper
- ½ cup coconut milk from can
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- water as needed for desired consistency
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add water as needed for desired consistency. I only used about 1-2 tablespoons as I don’t mind a thick soup.
- Transfer soup to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish with feta, crispy prosciutto and/or more cilantro.