From bookmark to blog: java almond butter

One of the few things I truly despise in our house (besides the side by side fridge) is the pantry. It’s not really in the kitchen but more so the hallway. It’s got a small bi-fold door and white wire racks that were hung without enough support brackets so that when you stack cans and other pantry items on them, they sag. So, I’m forced to stack cans on the edges, lighter things closer to the middle and leave the actual middle completely empty pretty much defeating the entire purpose of a pantry. To the left of the pantry is the door to the basement but somehow between the two there’s a weird empty space that was built out like a ledge accessible from the left side of the pantry only if you contort your arm in just the right way. It’s my secret hiding spot for bulk bin extras that don’t fit in their respective glass jars and containers. It makes up for the space lost to the middle of the pointless pantry shelves but since it’s not the most visible area, I tend to forget what I’ve shoved back there.

Yesterday, I found 3 separate bags of almonds, probably about 6 or 7 pounds total.

Yesterday, I read through the almost 200 unread posts in my reader from Tuesday and saw this.

Thursday, I forgot to pick up almond butter from Trader Joe’s.

Ding, ding, ding.

How I didn’t just stand over the counter licking this straight from the food processor is a demonstration of extreme willpower. It rocked.

From the perfect creamy, drippy but not too drippy consistency to the crunchy coffee kick to the underlying coconut flavor. Oh my word.

I might have to purposefully forget almond butter again next time.

Original source: KatieDid

Original recipe: Java almond butter

Previous Bookmark to Blog series posts:

nectarine sage & brie pizza

Comments

I was reading your post while you were reading mine :) Awww… but I had a toddler screaming my name before I could comment. Speaking of said toddler. She is what I hate about my pantry. Ha!! She knows how to open the door and thinks anything on the floor and bottom 2 shelves is her. Soooooooo, I have more things that you can imagine stacked, crammed, and stuffed onto the top 3 shelves. I can’t WAIT to get control back of my pantry some day :)

that Katie is a straight up genius. I saw this too and knew I would be making it. now I see this? totally seals the deal (and I bet I have 3-4 bags of almonds as well) ;)

My pantry would have rubber duckies and blocks every now and then. I would of course, blame my little girl, but not all the time though, because at times when I am fixing my little girl’s mess (this means she has packed away everything but there will always be something left that I need to place in the appropriate box) I would sometimes bring the misplaced toys with me and remember that I need to check something in the pantry, so the little toy gets misplaced for the nth time. Anyway, this recipe looks really easy and fun to make. Plus the fact that it looks really tasty too…Must try!
    By the way, Myfudo here, normally we’d never put a shameless plug back to us, but we just launched our new site and we would love for you to be a part of it. We are moving to a new domain http://www.yumgoggle.com, (previously myfudo.com) this has been a project we have been working on for almost a year now. We just launched our new gallery submission site, and we are just thrilled. Unique and interesting bloggers like you will make the Yumgoggle gallery more fun and exciting. We’d love you to join the latest virtual shindig that is all about food photography, food in general, recipes, and culinary trends. We’d be proud to have your work as part of our growing collection to continue to have a larger reach and further inspire all fellow food lovers out there! Please sign up and check us out (it’s free) http://www.yumgoggle.com/gallery . We look forward to seeing your wonderful pictures, as always… =)

Wow. I love how drippy looking it is! I don’t drink coffee just because I don’t like the flavor, but for some reason, I love coffee flavored food. Weird. I’ll have to try this but I can’t imagine not having to add some sweetener. Without sweetener would be awesome, though. :)

This looks awesome. I think I’m getting the ingredients for it today. Right now, in fact. I saw somebody on IG posted this as well and have been thinking about it since.

I know. Tell my husband. Funny, he doesn’t seem to think that’s quite “up there” on the priority list.