1. Last week I was reading Janetha’s blog and she mentioned how quickly the Blend Retreat was approaching. I’ve seen/read/heard about this for what seems like months now on a ton of different blogs and yet never realized it was happening at the same exact time and place as a work conference I have to go to. Suffice it to say, I’m signed up and ready to meet some of the lovely people I stalk on the internet on a daily basis. Especially since work paid for the flight. I have no idea who I’m rooming with and will try to refrain from saying stupid stuff like “omg, I know you! I read your blog!” It could be incredibly awkward or amazing. I’ll report back.
2. I made balls this week as I do every week.
They were messy. They look like poop balls. They taste like fudgy bliss. I dressed them up for pictures and they still look like poop. I’ll probably still post them at some point because everyone needs fudgy bliss in their life. Unless your name starts with a U and ends with an lysses. He doesn’t need them because I’d prefer to have them all for myself.
3. I actually won a giveaway this week. I can’t tell you how many giveaways I don’t even bother entering, especially when I see the comments at 100+ because I figure the odds are so slim. For some reason I went for it this time. It might have something to do with the fact the Vita Coco is my absolute favorite brand of coconut water and it would be nice if I didn’t have to pay an arm and a leg for it. Thank you, Averie! It will be the perfect accompaniment to my upcoming Napa trip. That stuff cures hangovers in about 3 sips.
4. Last Tuesday I got my first gel manicure. I paid $40. I thought I got ripped off. Today, my nails look exactly the same as when I left the salon. I’m hooked.
Straight from the salon: 10 days later:
5. I cannot stop drinking this smoothie after workouts.
I can’t even describe the taste other than to say it’s just freakin amazing. Make it, you’ll see.
- 3/4 cup milk (I use half almond/half regular)
- 1T pb
- 1/2t almond extract
- 2T flaxseed
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 frozen banana
6. Speaking of workouts, Livefit phase 1 is officially in the books! Cardio starts again on Monday. My last run was on March 24th. I’m scared. I know I’ve lost endurance because I start getting out of breath climbing Mt. Everest in the community next to ours on walks with Ginger. This should be fun. I’ll probably do a recap of phase 1 in a few days. Measurements have been taken as well as pictures involving a bikini. I’m not sure I’m ready to share the bikini part quite yet…
7. This week I found out this girl lives 10 minutes from where I used to live in Florida. Make that reason #786098345 why I want to move back. Although, then I’d miss dinners with this girl, like last night’s which was our 4th dinner out in a week. We’ve spent more money on dinners in the last 7 days than I normally do on groceries for the entire month. Time to stay home for awhile.