1. Yesterday was a rest day since I’m doing my last long run (12 miles) today before the half marathon next weekend. Yesterday was also the first time I wore real clothes and my wedding rings during the day since October 20th. Don’t judge me, I work from home.
2. Do you know how many ounces are in half a pint off the top of your head? Me neither. I spent about 5 minutes trying to guess in front of the heavy cream in the grocery store before realizing Siri could figure that out in about 2 seconds. I’m not even sure how I functioned before the iPhone.
3. Charities outside of public places collecting money during the holidays annoy me. There’s no possible way (unless I win the lottery that I don’t play) to give to every one of them and I personally prefer to give my money to ones that have some meaning to me in one way or another without it being thrown in my face. Getting accosted by bells and begging children when leaving the store just makes me feel put on the spot & annoyed and therefore even less inclined to give.
4. Twist off bottles of wine are the biggest let down ever. Screw convenience, there’s something about popping a cork on a wine bottle that is part of the enjoyment of the whole thing. I feel ripped off when I buy a bottle without knowing it was a screw on, like last night.
5. The biggest thing that has been occupying my mind for the last week is whether or not to run the half marathon with my camelbak. Tough decision, I know. I do all my long runs with it and I raced with it last year at the Palm Beach half. I’m the kind of runner that needs liquids like every quarter mile during a long run and I’m worried that the water stations every 1.2 miles at Philly won’t be enough. But, at the same time it would be nice to not have that extra weight on my back. Thoughts?
6. Make this at some point this winter. Your house will smell amazing and your taste buds will be happy.
7. I’m already making a second batch of these today. 23 hours. That’s how long they lasted.
8. I downloaded this book the other night after Jenna raved about it and am completely obsessed. It’s one of those books that just sucks you in and makes you believe in yourself and love. Don’t let the title (which I think screams trashy romance novel) fool you.
Tell me a random thought on your mind.