Thursday thoughts (from the bike)

use 1

Wednesday is a cross training day. I spent an hour on the bike yesterday. Some of my random thoughts & observations during that time:

bike

1. 15 mph is fast enough that when a bug flies into your mouth it will be forced to the back of your throat and make you choke.

2. People that obliviously take up the entire width of the bike trail make me want to purposely run them over. It’s called karma.

3. I’d love to know what men in cars who yell out vulgar obscenities to woman as they drive by actually expect. A witty response? A proposition? Enlighten me, please.

4. Like most of Maroon 5’s songs, Moves Like Jagger annoys the hell out of me.

5. I get a weird sense of satisfaction booking it by runners when I’m going more than twice their speed on the bike. Odd, considering I’m usually the runner.

6. I wish duathlons were more popular. I’d totally do one.

7. 24 squats, 12 lunges, 12 jumping lunges & 12 jumping squats [x2] is one sick, torturous way to end a strength training session. If you want to be able to move the next day, I don’t suggest it.

8. Cashew Banana Chocolate Chip freezer bites make a damn good snack. Smile

use 2

use 3

These were an experiment. I wanted something like these and these but with a twist. So, I went for banana.

Here’s a newsflash for you: bananas are moist. Moist makes a no-bake dough ball interesting. And by interesting, I mean wet. And now I just used the words “moist” and “wet” in back to back sentences. *Cringe*

The solution? Freeze them! Worked like a charm. So well in fact, that I’m giving you the recipe because for awhile there in the beginning, it was doubtful this one was making it up here.

Cashew Banana Chocolate

Chip Freezer Bites

Yield: 1 dozen balls

• 1/2 cup plain cashews
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/8 cup almonds
  • 1/2 small banana
  • 3 teaspoons agave
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Combine cashews, oats & almonds in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and pulse until combined. Transfer “dough” to a small bowl and fold in chocolate chips. Mixture will be wet. Freeze mixture in bowl for about 10-15 minutes. Once dough has firmed up, roll into small balls. Keep frozen in freezer bag until ready to eat.

Tell me something random you think about when working out?

I’d love any and all thoughts on #3!

Ever have what you thought was a kitchen flop turn into a total success?

Comments

Oh man, I love Maroon 5. I actually enjoy putting their albums on repeat to run to. Funny how we all have our “thing” :)

I’ve always wondered what the hollering dudes are looking for in return. Maybe some day I’ll get annoyed enough to ask one of them.

Umm…those chocolate chip bites look amazing! I would eat the crap out of them. I’m not sure I want to try to make them because “eating them all in one sitting” is what’s going through my head right now.

I’ve never even heard of a duathon before and I had to look it up. Sounds like my cup of tea! I am NOT a strong swimmer :(

Haha and in regards to #3, I think this all the time! Do they really expect us to say “Oh, you like me? Lets go out sometime!” ? That is not exactly the best way to pick up a girl haaha

No clue what men expect — I think sometimes they do it just to annoy people. I don’t get it either though!

I am ashamed to say I kind of like Moves Like Jagger. I HATED it at first but it has grown on me. We’ll see how long that lasts.

OMG #3 – BIGGEST PEEVE EVER! It’s like what do these guys expect? For me to go running after their car shouting “TAKE ME NOW” or something ridiculous? Like I’ve been waiting my ENTIRE life for that guy to scream some vulgar comment out his window so I could go jump into bed with him? I mean really. Haha, sorry – clearly this one gets me fired up ;-)

#4 speaks to me. That song makes me want to smash my radio.

I’ve often wondered about #3, too.

You know what’s worse than #2? Bikers that don’t use the bike lane at all and spread four across the lane of a main road backing up traffic. My car is deadly, move it before I make an example of you! :)

Ha, I was just going to say #3 baffles me as well. Sorry – no answers here!

Thanks for the recipe. I usually don’t make sweets, but I think that would be a great use for my extra cashews and bag of Reese’s Pieces currently collecting dust in the pantry.

When I run I imagine how amazing it will feel to cross the finish line of my first half…. it gives me a total rush!!

Men that yell ridiculous vulgarities at women drivers are just clueless haha I don;t think THEY even know what to expect and have an inflated sense of awesomeness. Don’t you just want to burst those bubbles sometimes? haha

Once I completely butchers cutting up these ultra gooey brownies I was bringing to a party… so I just rolled up brownie balls… they looked totally intentional! They were awesome!!! And fun to freeze :)

Seriously I usually think how many Calories I will eat when I get home and if it’s really worth working out at all :)
    I know it makes me happy, but if I eat twice as much when I get home, well, it doesn’t really make my butt any better. :)

Oops! Sorry Kristen, just fixed it. Should’ve just been 1/4 cup oats. Thanks for pointing that out.

Kristen says

Lol. Ok, thought I was missing something. Thanks for clearing that up. These look fantastic, I’m going to make them tonight!