1. I was supposed to go for a 3 mile hill run per my training plan when I got home yesterday. Instead, I spent time relaxing and catching up with Ulysses and Ginger.
2. I planned on getting a pedicure after said run since the beach ruined mine and I’ll be traveling again this week. Unpainted toes in the summer = huge no-no in my book. Instead, I took all the nail polish off and cleaned them up myself and am now contemplating wearing all closed toed shoes for the duration of my trip to hide my feet.
3. I intended on eating a big salad for lunch after a day full of carbs, carbs and more carbs during the bachelorette festivities. Instead, ravenous at 3pm, we ordered chicken and eggplant parmesan subs from the local pizzeria and consumed not a single green thing.
4. I wanted to completely unpack my suitcase after a week away and organize myself for at least 24 hours before I have to leave again for work this week. Instead, my toiletries are put away but the rest of my bags are exploding all over my bedroom floor.
5. I had dreams of making spaghetti and meatballs with parmesan crisps for dinner. Instead, Ulysses ate a salad and I made a smoothie.
6. I wanted to catch up on all the posts I missed reading over the weekend and not feel “behind” come Monday. Instead, we ended up watching an episode of 24 on Netflix before calling it a night at 9pm.
I guess vacation lasted an extra day.
Here’s to a Monday filled with a 7 mile run, unpacking, and some vegetables.
I did make it to the grocery store at least. I do have some priorities in order.
What are your weekend confessions?
Does anyone else feel self-conscious of unpainted toes in the summer?